University of Victoria LipDub
Heyyo!
On May 24th 2010 a UVic libdub video hit the tubes and started becoming rather popular, especially as popular bloggers such as Perez Hilton made a post claiming that the video is "incredible." (See his description here of his exclamations of how amazing those kids in Canada are).
UNFORTUNATELY, the Uvic being described is actually the University of Vic in Spain. In an amazing attempt to regain the honour of being the one true UVic (or at least the best one) Shawn Slavin spearheaded the creation of the real Canadian UVic libdub. Shooting commenced back in September and the video was released on midnight of October 22nd, 2010. So here it is! (No, I am not in this video, I didn't even know it was happening until the day before... oh well...)
Link to the video above (make sure to watch in HD(the one embedded on this page is already set to HD, so slow processors should follow the link and watch it on a bit lower))
This is not only a great way to see how awesome the Vikings are, but it is also a fun way to take a look around the campus.
video notes:
Start: Top of a double decker bus
50 seconds: In front of the Student Union Building (SUB)
1m45s: Inside of the SUB
1m50s: Girl in a Star Trek Lieutenant's uniform (I mention this because Star Trek is wonderful, duh)
2m36s: Movie Theatre
3m05s: Engineering Computer Science building (ECS)
4m25s: University Fountain
4m55s: McPherson Library
7m12s: Beautiful view of the Quadrangle
8m: Credits
Also: Where's Waldo?
Alright, so since we are trying to show that we are the best UVic to ever exist, I request that you forward this video to every person you know, and paste a link on all of your social networking services! Lets get this video roaring through the intertubes as fast as possible!
Remember, this is all in good fun. We don't hate U of Vic or even have any kind of rivalry going on, just some gracious and friendly competition.
---Edit---
Remember the girl I mentioned who was wearing a star trek uniform?
Stumbled across her youtube channel
God I'm such a creeper
---Edit---
Why didn't any of you tell me that this post has been titled "University of Victoria Libdub for the past month?
On May 24th 2010 a UVic libdub video hit the tubes and started becoming rather popular, especially as popular bloggers such as Perez Hilton made a post claiming that the video is "incredible." (See his description here of his exclamations of how amazing those kids in Canada are).
UNFORTUNATELY, the Uvic being described is actually the University of Vic in Spain. In an amazing attempt to regain the honour of being the one true UVic (or at least the best one) Shawn Slavin spearheaded the creation of the real Canadian UVic libdub. Shooting commenced back in September and the video was released on midnight of October 22nd, 2010. So here it is! (No, I am not in this video, I didn't even know it was happening until the day before... oh well...)
Link to the video above (make sure to watch in HD(the one embedded on this page is already set to HD, so slow processors should follow the link and watch it on a bit lower))
This is not only a great way to see how awesome the Vikings are, but it is also a fun way to take a look around the campus.
video notes:
Start: Top of a double decker bus
50 seconds: In front of the Student Union Building (SUB)
1m45s: Inside of the SUB
1m50s: Girl in a Star Trek Lieutenant's uniform (I mention this because Star Trek is wonderful, duh)
2m36s: Movie Theatre
3m05s: Engineering Computer Science building (ECS)
4m25s: University Fountain
4m55s: McPherson Library
7m12s: Beautiful view of the Quadrangle
8m: Credits
Also: Where's Waldo?
Alright, so since we are trying to show that we are the best UVic to ever exist, I request that you forward this video to every person you know, and paste a link on all of your social networking services! Lets get this video roaring through the intertubes as fast as possible!
Remember, this is all in good fun. We don't hate U of Vic or even have any kind of rivalry going on, just some gracious and friendly competition.
---Edit---
Remember the girl I mentioned who was wearing a star trek uniform?
Stumbled across her youtube channel
God I'm such a creeper
---Edit---
Why didn't any of you tell me that this post has been titled "University of Victoria Libdub for the past month?
Lol, one of the comments on the vid was "I think I just got Uvicrolled." :P
ReplyDelete