Bacon Mcflurry
So I'm in my room at about 4:00 and I think "I think I'm going to go have dinner!" So I stand up, notice my bed, lay down on it and fall asleep. Two hours later I hear the voice of my friends in the hallway and I think "Hey, I like those people, I should go hang out with them." As I attempted to get up my body kinda yelled "NO, I'M TIRED YOU SLEEP NOW!" One hour later, the same friends were knocking on my door, and while I wanted to get up and go talk to them my body was trying to convince me that they were not actually knocking on my door. Eventually I got up and opened the door, all disheveled with my hair all wonky, and all they could see of my room was my unmade bed (I am good at looking good!). Turns out that they were inviting me to go swing dancing at 8, which I gladly accepted. So I cleaned myself up or whatever, and we took the bus out to the downtowny place.
So the start of this swing dancy shindig was a lesson of course, in which we learned pretty much the same things I learned in my Uvic dance class, so no real problem there. The only issue I had was that if things weren't working out I could never tell if I was being a really bad lead or if my follows were being really bad follows. Switching between all the different people I would get the occasional person who would just seem to be doing their own thing, and then other people who I would try to lead into something and they just wouldn't do anything. After the lesson they just opened up the floor and turned on some music, in which I got dancing with one of the more experienced people and had her show me how to lead the moves properly. The main difference I saw was that she wanted me doing more leading with my left hand, while the intermediate lessons I have been going to have been trying to drill it into our heads that the left hand isn't needed for leading so they actually have been having us dance without that left hand contact. While I was confused over this using the left hand made the follow significantly more responsive, so I started using it and had a fun time dancing with people. As things started to slow down I sat down with friends and we started a deep conversation about star trek, which distracted us for the rest of the dance night.
After this adventure Jack decided that we should go on an adventure to Mcdonalds where we would attempt to get a "Bacon Mcflurry." Theoretically as customers we should be served whatever we request right? Plus Jack and I really wanted to try this. The guy behind the counter rudely scoffed at us and asked if we actually wanted to buy anything. While I was hungry I chose not to give these people my money, all because they wouldn't dunk some bacon in some icecream and stir it for us. Next time we attempt this we are just going to order some bacon (or something with bacon on it) and some icecream and stir it ourselves. Honestly that sounds entirely delicious to me.
Just as I finished that last line I was invited to go downtown on a hunt for "mini donuts." I think I can officially say that I have friends here now.
So the start of this swing dancy shindig was a lesson of course, in which we learned pretty much the same things I learned in my Uvic dance class, so no real problem there. The only issue I had was that if things weren't working out I could never tell if I was being a really bad lead or if my follows were being really bad follows. Switching between all the different people I would get the occasional person who would just seem to be doing their own thing, and then other people who I would try to lead into something and they just wouldn't do anything. After the lesson they just opened up the floor and turned on some music, in which I got dancing with one of the more experienced people and had her show me how to lead the moves properly. The main difference I saw was that she wanted me doing more leading with my left hand, while the intermediate lessons I have been going to have been trying to drill it into our heads that the left hand isn't needed for leading so they actually have been having us dance without that left hand contact. While I was confused over this using the left hand made the follow significantly more responsive, so I started using it and had a fun time dancing with people. As things started to slow down I sat down with friends and we started a deep conversation about star trek, which distracted us for the rest of the dance night.
After this adventure Jack decided that we should go on an adventure to Mcdonalds where we would attempt to get a "Bacon Mcflurry." Theoretically as customers we should be served whatever we request right? Plus Jack and I really wanted to try this. The guy behind the counter rudely scoffed at us and asked if we actually wanted to buy anything. While I was hungry I chose not to give these people my money, all because they wouldn't dunk some bacon in some icecream and stir it for us. Next time we attempt this we are just going to order some bacon (or something with bacon on it) and some icecream and stir it ourselves. Honestly that sounds entirely delicious to me.
Just as I finished that last line I was invited to go downtown on a hunt for "mini donuts." I think I can officially say that I have friends here now.
Comments
Post a Comment