Giant Dancing Drugs!
Never in my life have I been exposed to drugs. In elementary school I was taught "Some day somebody will ask you to do drugs, and you should just say no," and nobody has asked so that I could take that moral high ground yet... how frustrating is that?
While I have never used any drug (besides pharmaceuticals under direct supervision of course) I have finally discovered just what "Weed" smells like... I was walking to my programming class when I just got a blast to the face of this obscenely strong smell. Blinded by the overwhelming aroma (about as strong as walking into a perfume shop where everything has free samples) I walked headlong into the two people in front of me. Slightly losing their balance they lost their cover so that we could all see a small pipe that was wreaking of this foul scent. I kept walking, because any attempt at conversation would probably end poorly for me, and while I pondered what it could have been (yes I honestly had no idea what they were putting in that pipe) one guy nearby said to his friend "Can you believe they were just smoking weed in the middle of the walkway like that?" I was baffled, but now I at least know what that smell is from now on.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! That's right, for your first encounter with Weed on campus we will include a second one ABSOLUTELY FREE! I was walking out of math or something, and crossing the courtyard to go to physics or something. Walking across the field I saw this very large circle of people, with one guy in the middle yelling things. Approaching I saw what appeared to be a big mascot, from a distance it looked like a very large maple leaf to embrace the Canadian symbol. Getting closer I saw that this was not the peace loving maple leaf I had come to expect, but a gigantic leaf of weed (I recognize the weed leaf from a shirt that said "Enjoy Weed" based off of the "Enjoy Coke" advertisements). So this was basically just a big rally about people in jail for their choices or something, I stopped paying attention after I saw the giant weed leaf mascot with the goofy eyes, that was enough for me.
I have to say, I am very happy with my substance free dorm. I don't have to encounter the world of drugs and alcohol and have it interfere with my school experiences. I have found a group of people that are fun in a geeky way, and I like it. Make good friends, that's what my mumsy always taught me.
While I have never used any drug (besides pharmaceuticals under direct supervision of course) I have finally discovered just what "Weed" smells like... I was walking to my programming class when I just got a blast to the face of this obscenely strong smell. Blinded by the overwhelming aroma (about as strong as walking into a perfume shop where everything has free samples) I walked headlong into the two people in front of me. Slightly losing their balance they lost their cover so that we could all see a small pipe that was wreaking of this foul scent. I kept walking, because any attempt at conversation would probably end poorly for me, and while I pondered what it could have been (yes I honestly had no idea what they were putting in that pipe) one guy nearby said to his friend "Can you believe they were just smoking weed in the middle of the walkway like that?" I was baffled, but now I at least know what that smell is from now on.
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! That's right, for your first encounter with Weed on campus we will include a second one ABSOLUTELY FREE! I was walking out of math or something, and crossing the courtyard to go to physics or something. Walking across the field I saw this very large circle of people, with one guy in the middle yelling things. Approaching I saw what appeared to be a big mascot, from a distance it looked like a very large maple leaf to embrace the Canadian symbol. Getting closer I saw that this was not the peace loving maple leaf I had come to expect, but a gigantic leaf of weed (I recognize the weed leaf from a shirt that said "Enjoy Weed" based off of the "Enjoy Coke" advertisements). So this was basically just a big rally about people in jail for their choices or something, I stopped paying attention after I saw the giant weed leaf mascot with the goofy eyes, that was enough for me.
I have to say, I am very happy with my substance free dorm. I don't have to encounter the world of drugs and alcohol and have it interfere with my school experiences. I have found a group of people that are fun in a geeky way, and I like it. Make good friends, that's what my mumsy always taught me.
Comments
Post a Comment