Supply Drop

Mom and Dad came by for a quick visit and I have to say that it was really nice to see them. It's kind of confusing living here with nobody I know from Seattle around, it makes everything seem like two separate worlds. Parents came with two boxes filled to the brim with oodles of nifty things such as candy, snack food, just-add-water food items, and of course vitamins and things to maintain my well-being. They also brought a present from my sister along with them:To boldly go where no model Enterprise has gone before
They also brought a really cool gift from my grandmother, which I promptly broke...I had attempted to hang it on some of the little command hook things I had brought with me, and about 10 minutes after my parents left the hook gave out. I'm just happy that the artwork is still safe. I decided to use one of the more heavy duty hooks, which has been working really well. Going to get the glass fixed next time I head home/parents come here. Also note that we are now 2 for 2, every time my parents leave something breaks (back in September just after my family walked out of my dorm the light gave out).

After taking care of some serious business paperworky things Dad decided to take us to the top of beautiful Mount Douglas. At the peak of the mountain is a lookout point where you can just sit and enjoy an extremely beautiful view. It was a wee bit cloudy, but I think you will enjoy the pictures nonetheless.
Here is a picture of Dad pointing out the UVic campus, hard to believe that something that looks so small actually contains thousands of people.Isn't Canada beautiful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I should eat more

I rode a bus!

"We aren't at Aviation anymore"