Who are these people and why are they all so awesome!?
Before I get into the main story here, I just want to mention something real quick. I am pretty sure that everybody in Victoria knows EXACTLY what the FIRST Robotics Competition is. One of my CL's (Campus Leader? Certified Lifeguard? Celestial Lightbringer? (One of those staffy dudes who keeps us out of trouble and deals with our problems)) asked me what I did in highschool to which I said "Oh, I was in a Robotics Program" and she quickly said "OH! You mean FIRST!?" Another similar situation was when we were going to our dorm spirit cheer thing (to which I wore a Skunkworks button up and my red pixel tie since our dorm colours are red and blue) and one of my dormmates noticed the FIRST symbol on my arm and said "Holy crap Kyle, you were in FIRST!?" to which several other people expressed excitement about. According to them "FIRST is the kind of thing you watch on TV and think that it would be awesome to be a part of."
So the people in my dorm are pretty much the most awesome people I have met in Canada. We watched episodes of "Firefly" and "Doctor Horrible's sing along blog ," and while several of us went on a hunt to find who wanted to go to dinner I saw multiple drawings and quotes from Doctor Who on the whiteboards of the girls upstairs. I have always been able to proudly wear my Star Trek shirt and 8 bit tie with positive comments from all of my fellow dorm-goers. Nothing else to comment on really, just that judging from the general geekitude of these people I think I am going to enjoy the time I spend in my dorm.
Random Note: Our dorm is one of four that haven't yet had a false fire alarm pull!
So the people in my dorm are pretty much the most awesome people I have met in Canada. We watched episodes of "Firefly" and "Doctor Horrible's sing along blog ," and while several of us went on a hunt to find who wanted to go to dinner I saw multiple drawings and quotes from Doctor Who on the whiteboards of the girls upstairs. I have always been able to proudly wear my Star Trek shirt and 8 bit tie with positive comments from all of my fellow dorm-goers. Nothing else to comment on really, just that judging from the general geekitude of these people I think I am going to enjoy the time I spend in my dorm.
Random Note: Our dorm is one of four that haven't yet had a false fire alarm pull!
Comments
Post a Comment