Making friends is not beneficial to getting work done
I have concluded that my procrastination in the past is entirely due to YOU! Yes you, the reader. It is quite obvious that the amount of work I get done is proportional to how near I am to people I know. So as I meet new people (because my mom told me to) I seem to put off getting things done, and this is unacceptable behavior. It is obvious that the solution is to lock myself in my room and only come out for serious business.
Now being entirely serious, I have actually started to do things with the people in the dorm building (thus the lack of that blog post about my classes that I promised). So this one guy I know, he plays video games and is in some of my classes and we have actually started doing things together...ish. We totally started playing Starcraft together, which is cool... and we talk to each other over vent... so it's kind of like hanging out!(?) Actually today after I came back from my dance club thingy (I'll talk about that later in the post) I saw him hooking up his laptop to the tv in the lounge. So I wandered in and remembered that he had mentioned recently downloading "Frets on Fire," which is a freeware version of guitar hero. Needless to say, the time I had expected to be using to do my math 110 homework quickly devolved into rocking out on keyboards in the lounge with 5 other people. After doing that for a bit, we turned on the song "Still alive" and all sang along to it. After that we just watched youtube videos and joked around. So yeah... I still don't have that algebra homework done... so that's what I get to do for all of tomorrow...
Dance club thingy: So I saw on the schedule that their was an intermediate club and a beginner club, so choosing not to learn the basics again I chose to go to the intermediate one. I knew nobody there, which is entirely fine with me. We instantly started off the day by working on triple step swing, which was a fun refresher I suppose, it sounds like we are going to get to a lot of stuff I haven't done before later in the year (I hope). The teacher people did a clever system of having the partners rotate people consistently, so I didn't have the awkward scenario of attempting to find a partner.
Class descriptions coming soonish, I promise.
Now being entirely serious, I have actually started to do things with the people in the dorm building (thus the lack of that blog post about my classes that I promised). So this one guy I know, he plays video games and is in some of my classes and we have actually started doing things together...ish. We totally started playing Starcraft together, which is cool... and we talk to each other over vent... so it's kind of like hanging out!(?) Actually today after I came back from my dance club thingy (I'll talk about that later in the post) I saw him hooking up his laptop to the tv in the lounge. So I wandered in and remembered that he had mentioned recently downloading "Frets on Fire," which is a freeware version of guitar hero. Needless to say, the time I had expected to be using to do my math 110 homework quickly devolved into rocking out on keyboards in the lounge with 5 other people. After doing that for a bit, we turned on the song "Still alive" and all sang along to it. After that we just watched youtube videos and joked around. So yeah... I still don't have that algebra homework done... so that's what I get to do for all of tomorrow...
Dance club thingy: So I saw on the schedule that their was an intermediate club and a beginner club, so choosing not to learn the basics again I chose to go to the intermediate one. I knew nobody there, which is entirely fine with me. We instantly started off the day by working on triple step swing, which was a fun refresher I suppose, it sounds like we are going to get to a lot of stuff I haven't done before later in the year (I hope). The teacher people did a clever system of having the partners rotate people consistently, so I didn't have the awkward scenario of attempting to find a partner.
Class descriptions coming soonish, I promise.
Comments
Post a Comment