Club Day

The rabbits appear to have made some offspring around the dorms, baby rabbits are adorable! I will grab some pictures when it isn't so darn wet outside.

So the taste of my tea suddenly changed for the better, which prompted me to try the water as it is once again. As for now, the water is no longer absolutely disgusting, and now just tastes manageable. So if any of you were planning to run out and buy me a filter, you don't have to anymore. While I still prefer the water as tea, it tastes good enough that I can bring a water bottle around with me.

Today was club day (so was yesterday but I had classes) and I got the chance to walk around and look at all of the little tri-folds and have people talk to me about their individual clubs. I was surprised about the sheer amount of clubs dedicated to Christianity... I just wonder if these clubs do different things than each other or if they are all the exact same thing.
While wandering around I saw this terrible little starcraft club location... which was unmanned and had a terrible presentation. It takes more than a piece of cardboard with the phrase "Starcraft Club" scrawled across it to sign up for a club. Besides, the Starcraft club appeared to be a melee club (in Starcraft the "Melee" game type is a Destroy your opponent to succeed style of gameplay) and I tend to prefer custom games (custom games (or use map settings as it used to be called) are games where the map has been designed to be played in unique and exciting ways).
The the guy sitting at the ballroom dance table called me out before I had even glanced his direction, directing me as to the time and place of the club meetings, I think I will actually go to this an maybe meet new people.
Probably the funniest part of this event was that as I was walking out a random girl yelled "HEY!" to me from across the crowd. She was quite obviously trying to talk to me, even though I had never met her before. Terrified that this was someone I had forgotten within the short time I have been here I walked up confidently saying "Hi!" like I OBVIOUSLY knew who this person was. She then excitedly asked me "What's your favorite animal!?!" I suddenly realized that this girl was from WSPA, and in fact had no idea who I was. We actually had a nice conversation about animals and she told me all about that WSPA "Gets sh*t done." She was so kind and cheerful about it that I almost felt bad about saying no to joining them (it required donations... I don't like forced donations). Let this be a lesson to all of you, if you want people to join your organization you need to be happy and cheerful about it, not lazy and uninformative (I would have joined that starcraft club if there had been someone sitting at that table... and maybe a decent sign board...).
I don't think I am going to join the curling club this year... I am really interested but it takes place late sunday nights, and I need to prove to myself that I can handle my course load and stay on track before I dedicate myself to something that could potentially get in the way of schoolwork.

I'll tell you guys about my classes over the weekend, they have finally kicked up enough that there is something to talk about. I would do it now but I was using this post as a break from my homework, and doing another post would be downright irresponsible! (Hi Mom!)

Comments

  1. Mom says great job on the homework. And the ballroom dancing sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I should eat more

I rode a bus!

"We aren't at Aviation anymore"