Home is where the bed is

Alright, so in the past week a lot of different things happened, I will be posting them in their own individual posts as soon as I can. Last week was busy so I didn't find much time in between my procrastinating and watching youtube videos to write blogalogs.

This post dates back to September 3rd, the day I moved in to my new dorm!

So moment of truth, I unlock my dorm room door and open 'er up, I flip the light switch and... nothing. A couple seconds later the light starts up like "oh crap, that was my cue" and slowly flickers to life. Not that it is the brightest bulb in the tool-shed anyway, I could probably see better if I taped a flashlight to the ceiling... but it doesn't matter. The room has a nice comfortable bed, a pretty sweet desk, and an actually really useful wardrobe. There was a light in the corner, which I turned on to discover it is significantly brighter than the overhead light, and there are two wall mounts to hold the light either by my bed or by the desk. I was disappointed to find that the plastic cup visible in the 3D tour (look on the shelf (actually this tour shows pretty much exactly what my room looks like, the only difference is that the internet port above the desk is shifted about a meter to the left)) was replaced with a plastic thermos that was filled with coupons and other questionable items to support me in my college life. After trying out my new kettle and eating some cupanoodles with dad he left for me to try to become acquainted with my room. I flung open the window to discover a highly used path that allowed every jogger to peer into my bedroom... being entirely paranoid I then shut the window and haven't really opened it since.
There is a white board attached to the outside of the door (which is awesome!) so I wrote "Feel free to come say hi!" on it, which is how I came to meet a couple people who decided that my door was inviting enough to risk knocking on it. This white board currently (meaning as of the 9th) features a really cool drawing that shows my interests (here is my preliminary pencil sketch to give you the idea). That happiest bit about it is that someone decided to draw a little arrow to the TARDIS with the comment "Awesome!"

Other than that the only thing that happened is that mom came to town and I was given some birthday presents: A UW shirt from Michelle, assorted items that Mom brought, and a new Bag of Holding (now featuring magnets?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Classic Red Production

Where'd that playlist go?