James A Edwards 1921-2011
This post is in no case fun exciting or silly, but reports on a personally painful event that took place in my family (and since this is my personal blog I have full rights to throw things like this at you). If you are uninterested in the less happy times of my life then feel free to click here to find something that may suit you more.
Winter Break was a wonderful time for me, hanging out with friends that I haven't been able to see in a long time and just having fun. But while I was enjoying myself down south, up in Canada my Grandfather, James Edwards, was struggling in a hospital bed. January 2nd 2011 he passed away. This has been rough on my family, especially my father, and hasn't made going back to school particularly easy. The only reason I have been able to get through this without entirely breaking down is thanks to all of the close friends I have. Being able to have such a wonderful winter break, and then return to school and still wonderful friends to be around has really been good for me to move past this event. I would like to thank each of you for your contributions to this, no matter how small you may think it is it means the world to me.
Now enough about me, a great man has just passed away and I am quite finished with this mourning attitude. He would have wanted people to celebrate the life he lived rather than wallow in the end of it all. While I may not know much about his life, I know about the kind of man he was. He was always energetic, and always very fun to be around. When I try to describe him all I can think is how much my father is like him. They are both very strong willed and confident men, while they like to have fun they are both serious when it counts. After all of the events of his life my grandfather willed himself to carry on to do everything he could to take care of his wife, stubbornly looking death in the face and telling him to try again some other time.
Agh, I had so much more planned for this... but emotion seems to be a very resilient writers block. Assume that this post is pretty much ongoing, I will post more as I think of it. For now enjoy some pictures of my grandfather.
Live the life you love, love the life you live.
Enjoy life while it lasts, remember it fondly when it's done, learn from it and carry on.
Winter Break was a wonderful time for me, hanging out with friends that I haven't been able to see in a long time and just having fun. But while I was enjoying myself down south, up in Canada my Grandfather, James Edwards, was struggling in a hospital bed. January 2nd 2011 he passed away. This has been rough on my family, especially my father, and hasn't made going back to school particularly easy. The only reason I have been able to get through this without entirely breaking down is thanks to all of the close friends I have. Being able to have such a wonderful winter break, and then return to school and still wonderful friends to be around has really been good for me to move past this event. I would like to thank each of you for your contributions to this, no matter how small you may think it is it means the world to me.
Now enough about me, a great man has just passed away and I am quite finished with this mourning attitude. He would have wanted people to celebrate the life he lived rather than wallow in the end of it all. While I may not know much about his life, I know about the kind of man he was. He was always energetic, and always very fun to be around. When I try to describe him all I can think is how much my father is like him. They are both very strong willed and confident men, while they like to have fun they are both serious when it counts. After all of the events of his life my grandfather willed himself to carry on to do everything he could to take care of his wife, stubbornly looking death in the face and telling him to try again some other time.
Agh, I had so much more planned for this... but emotion seems to be a very resilient writers block. Assume that this post is pretty much ongoing, I will post more as I think of it. For now enjoy some pictures of my grandfather.
Live the life you love, love the life you live.
Enjoy life while it lasts, remember it fondly when it's done, learn from it and carry on.




The motorcycle picture shows your grandparents first home (to the right in the photo), a guard shack for a RCN (Navy) radio listening post where WWII Japanese radio signals were intercepted. Directly across from that (to the left in the photo) a gate to an Army base. The white gate posts in the photo are still there to this day, signifying the history of this place. It is the entrance to the University of Victoria....
ReplyDelete