Happy Holidollydallyday!

No the title is not some fancy new holiday, I'm just being a dork

Hallo! I don't post enough! Isn't that exciting! I'm posting 'cause I'm going hooooome for the holidays, which means I will probably post even less! Hooray!

So things that happened... Finals all gone and done, I bought some fancy-shmancy new boots (they are converse brand of course), apparently my Canadian id just came in at home, which will make things WAY easier... in fact I think I am going to dedicate a paragraph to that.

So crossing the border, pretty easy stuff right? You walk up and say "Ohai, I'm an American and I just wanna go play in the Canadian snow, Canada is just completely full of snow right?" I mean, crossing the border has always been so easy for me... UNTIL NOW. You see, before I was just saying "I'm some tourist" but now I am saying "I'm going to school in Canada" while showing them my American Passport. "Where's your study permit?" they always ask. "No well, you see I'm also a Canadian citizen thanks to my father." I would say calmly, and then every time they say "No, that just means you have the right to Canadian citizenship." "Well... er... no... that's not quite right." I would try to say, but they would always write "Study Permit?" on my declaration card and scoot me over for further questioning. Then after a very similar conversation with someone over in the further questioning area, they would kindly let me through saying "Well as long as you are trying to get some ID I suppose I can let you through."
Finally having solid understandable proof of citizenship is going to be really really handy.

Ok, that was a pretty decent bloggidy post I'd say. I'm not sick or anything anymore, so that's cool. Just gotta get through the rest of my day and if all goes according to plan I will be back home.

Happy Holidays!

(10 days until new Doctor Who episode!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Classic Red Production

Where'd that playlist go?