Free Food!

So I was in my room, minding my own business when I noticed a new email from Uvic residence life, I opened it to find this:

CONGRATULATIONS!  You have been nominated by your peers for a Community Spirit Award.  Please join us at the Awards reception to celebrate you and your community members.  The Residence Life Team will be there to serve you food.  We will be announcing the winners of each Community Spirit category at the reception.

Needless to say I was a wee bit confused. How could I have been nominated for a Community Spirit Award when:
1: I spent first term in my room, and second term was spent in the third floor lounge
2: I didn't even know there was a community spirit award

Well as it turns out, Karen (one of my two CL's) nominated me for starting a D&D group and teaching people how to play. Also the fact that we were always open to people wanting to come and try it out. I suppose that's pretty spirited. 

So today I went to the event and found delicious free food! Chicken, egg rolls, shrimp, cheese & crackers... it was totally awesome. I wanted to take pictures, but I was too busy eating, so I took a picture of two things that I pocketed on my way out (shhhh). As for the actual award, I totally didn't win any, but considering I didn't even realize the awards existed in the first place I'm not bothered by it at all. Besides, I got the award of delicious food!

 Omnomnomnomnomnomnom

So then, I went back to my room and studied for a bit... and then there was more free food! You see, our CL's told us a forevor ago that if we didn't have any fire alarm pulls for the year then we would get a pizza party. Well considering we are the geekiest and most awesome dorm of them all, we got that pizza party. Then, after the pizza party, we adventured off to the Engineering Computer Science Building to make use of one of their lecture halls. For what you may ask? For a TOTALLY AWESOME TALENT SHOW! It was so great and I can totally show you all these... no wait... I forgot my camera... Well I can use my phone! No wait... out of batteries... well curses. I'll have to wait until after someone posts things on facebox.

So essentially what went down:
"Hugh Stephens and the Perogies" played a couple of totally rockin' songs. This band consists of two guitars, a violin, a keyboard, and a mandolin (so cool). 
Dancing
Lotsa singing
Clarinets and other type instruments
Stories!

After all of that was done, Deryk (the second CL) went up and talked to us about how rad we all are and how he is going to miss us all. After the proceeding giant group hug we all just messed around. This included singing about how Hugh Stephen building does in fact "Rock the party."

Hugh Stephen Motto: Maybe tomorrow I'll start making better decisions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Classic Red Production

Where'd that playlist go?